Lately, in my life, there has been a lot of stress about, well, EVERYTHING, including living on a boat. We have so much work to do on this one that it’s really been more a point of stress then relief.
Some of the good parts of being on a boat aren’t going on right now, due to the extreme “project” nature of the boat. However, refocusing on the good, even if momentarily out of reach is a great way to bring it back INTO reach. (I believe in the divine nature of creating ones own reality.)
- I love that living aboard means I can move without packing! That means if I don’t like my neighbor, I lift anchor and move. If I don’t like the town I’m in, I can move… Or I can move just to move. It is a level of freedom that few allow themselves. Doesn’t mean I WILL move, but I have an undeniable knowledge that I can.
- When out on “the hook”, I’m forced to leave technology behind, and live. Ok, not entirely left behind, but it’s much more limited. It cuts me off from my internet addiction. We can only watch limited TV. This means that we read more, we spend more time with one another, and life slows down so we can enjoy it more.
- I can drive (my boats) barefoot. I know this one sounds silly, but being a “barefoot” kind of girl I love the freedom of the wind in my hair and my tootsies being free.
- Back to the “moving”, I have big plans as far as being able to travel. There’s so much of the world I want to see, and I want to see it in the same way as the explorers of old… I want to see it rising up from the horizon. Appearing to me as a miracle being born into existence out of the sea.
- Dolphin play in my “back yard”. When we were in Key West (and are headed back to)… we would regularly have dolphin come play right around our boat, (harassing our dog). Granted, with the dolphin, came the dolphin watching boats… but it’s because my yard was so cool they couldn’t resist hanging out near my place!
Yup, can’t wait to get back to Key West and living at anchor in the harbor. There’s a peacefulness about it that really is indescribable.