Hello my darlings, I know it’s been a while since I talked about living aboard… so, I thought I’d discuss it a little.
While on the boat I’m on, we’ve pretty much been rough camping. As this is a project boat, (an a big project at that), we’ve gotten used to living without running water, using a port-a-potty instead of a real toilet (including using the marina bathroom whenever we can), only cooking with a hot-plate and toaster oven, all having to share one room as both a bedroom and living space, washing dishes out of a bucket… along with many other things. We’ve also had other benefits that we won’t have ‘soon’ (as we don’t want to stay in a marina), like an abundance of electricity, ease of being on land, and a number of other things.
…But things are about to change for us. We’re looking at getting another boat, one that isn’t anywhere near the project that this one is. Of course it will have it’s own challenges too, as we’ll probably be moving soon after as well… It’s really got me appreciating the things we’ll be able to do that we haven’t been able to in about 5 months.
- We will have a working stove and oven! (Baking cookies, here we come!)
- A “real” head (aka bathroom)
- running water in the bathroom and kitchen. (we haven’t had ANY running water, except a hose outside, so to get it in TWO places seems almost a miracle)
- There will be a rig, an not only that, it will actually be for the boat AND already up!
- There are 2 staterooms, the girls get one, the grownups get one… an a totally separate salon, (livingroom).
- We’ll be able to get through the whole boat without ducking!
ok, there are probably a ton more, and once we get the new (to us) boat, the list will probably grow! LOL