Over the past couple of months, I’ve let the blog, all in all, fall by the wayside. This month, I’m working of getting my life back in order as I prepare for the new year. I have a lot of “getting in order” I’m doing this December, as I really want to make next year a good one. I’m tired of just letting things happen. (Actually, I had a conversation about this with my hubby, as he was wondering what this “planning” bug was that I caught. lol)
Thing I’m working on…
- Over the past year, I’ve been playing at my photography business more as if it were a hobby. I’m now working on a business plan. Granted, not a “take it to the bank” kind of plan, but more of an artists “this is what I want my life (including my business) to be like plan. It will give me my general as well as this year’s goals so that by this time next year I can actually feel like I got something done.
- As part of my business plan, I’ve also finally worked out my pricing (and a pricing plan). This will allow me give answers about it instead of having to work it out every time someone gives questions me about it. (It was really bad over the past few years, I was always so wishy-washy about it I genuinely had to start from scratch every time I was asked.) It will also help me make sure that I’m making enough that I cover costs and really KNOW that I can afford to give the service you deserve!
- I am starting to look at how I can make a real marketing plan, so I can work towards meeting my business goals. As, I’m able to meet business goals, I will also be able to meet more personal goals.
- I’m getting my head back on about my artistic/spiritual/physical well-being. Being a Pantheist, I truly feel that these three things are one and the same, (or at least that when one is working, that naturally the others are more inclined to work as well). It’s something I’ve dabbled in and when I have, I’ve gotten good results. I think it’s time I take responsibility about it, and begin continually, actively working on them. As part of this, I’m starting to work with a book I’ve had for a while and successfully ignored, The Vein of Gold.
- I want to finally start working on one of, (maybe even more then one of), my personal projects that I’ve been putting off for way too long. Every year I talk about starting them… I’m finally really tired of TALKING about them. I need to get my butt in gear.
- This coming year I also want to get a better handle on my website/blog situation. I want to work out my SEO better, get a better grip on categories and start posting more, (and more consistently).
- I need to really so self-reflection to get a more congealed idea of my “brand”. I kind of know what I want to do with parts, and the general feel I’m going for… but I want to be able to really put it together in a way that is understandable, and people are able to connect with.
I’m sure there’s more that I forgot to list… but considering I’m running out of month faster then I can count (is it just me or is time moving faster then it used to?)… I’ll consider that a good list and run from there.
Ok, off I go to get back to work on it all… only 18 more days in the month and a lot to do…